Wisconsin Family Connections Center Events
- LIVE WEBINAR: Understanding the Court Process in CHIPS & Minor Guardianship Cases – Rights, Roles, and Requirements, Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 6 pm-7:30 pm
Virtual Group: Open Mic Teen Support
November 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join other teens of adoption or guardianship families for a live video group session to socially connect and discuss topics related to challenges that arise in these family dynamics. This support group will be facilitated by Chelsey and Christy, WIFCC Support Specialists. The group size will be limited, so please pre-register via Eventbrite. Join as often as you would like.
UPCOMING TOPICS SCHEDULE:
- November 14th: Coping Skills & Stress Management
- December 12th: Family Dynamics & Openness
This online group will utilize Zoom to connect over video chat. Your child will need to have access to a smartphone with the free Zoom app or a computer with a camera and microphone. Parents, you will receive the link your child will need to connect to the group. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Who is this group for? This support group is for any high schooler who is part of an adoptive or guardianship family and is struggling to find a positive outlet regarding their feelings on family life or anything they are having challenges with. We encourage children to attend as many sessions of this group as they would like.
The group’s goal is to provide a structured and safe place for your child to foster trust, coping skills, and peer connections while reducing frustration, conflicts, and anxiety felt at home. The group provides your child an opportunity to meet with fellow children dealing with similar challenges with their families on a more personal level. Your child will participate in a variety of activities and discussions while focusing on this session’s theme. The overall goal is for your child to feel supported, that they have control over their attitude and success in life, and understand the complexities of family life.
• Children between the ages of 13 and 17 are welcome to participate
• During group, the child needs a private space free from distractions or other members of the family but still under the supervision of a trusted adult.
• If you register your child, please be sure they understand prior to registration that this group requires a willingness to participate.
• What your child shares in group is confidential information unless his or her safety is at risk. Group facilitators are mandatory reporters.
Additional virtual group acknowledgments:
• I understand there are potential risks to this technology, including interruptions, unauthorized access, and technical difficulties. WIFCC may discontinue the virtual group session if it is felt that the videoconferencing connections are not adequate for the situation.
• The group participants must be residing in the state of Wisconsin.
This group is offered through the Wisconsin Family Connections Center, a program funded by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.