- Live Webinar–When Difficult Behaviors Arise, May 18, 2021
- Live Webinar–Hair & Identity in Black Culture: The Importance of Confidence and Connection, May 26, 2021
- Live Webinar–Relationship Resilience, June 22, 2021
- Save the Date: 3rd Annual Families Like Mine Conference for Relative Caregivers of Children, July 19, 2021
- Live Webinar–Video Game Addiction: Fact, Fiction, and What Parents Need to Know, July 20, 2021
- Live Webinar–Everyday Language and How it Impacts Trauma, August 19, 2021
Hair and Identity in Black Culture: The Importance of Confidence & Connection
May 26 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm$5
Many parents who foster or adopt transracially find themselves needing education in the proper care of hair that may be much different from their own. But actual haircare is just the beginning. In this webinar, Tamekia Swint will walk us through the historical, social, and emotional importance of hair on Black identity, culture, and self-confidence. She will also discuss how she uses haircare education with transracial families as a catalyst for building connections and celebrating diversity.
$5/person | Space is limited to 100 participants, so register soon!
Licensed foster parents will receive two (2) training credits for participation in this webinar. Each individual participant must register separately in order to receive credit.
About the Presenter: Tamekia Swint is the author of the children’s book, Your Hair is Your Crown, and the founder of a one-of-a-kind non-profit salon dedicated to educating parents and empowering kids to “embrace their natural, ethnic crowns.” Each participant will be entered in a drawing to win a copy of Your Hair is Your Crown. (You must be logged in to the webinar to win.)
(Learn more about Styles for Kidz and how to order Your Hair is Your Crown at https://www.styles4kidz.org/about.)