- Live Webinar–Those Complicated Teen Years: Is It Adoption, Trauma, or Typical Development?, July 16
- Virtual Parent Talk: Transracial Parenting, July 23 (Morning)
- Virtual Parent Talk: Transracial Parenting, July 23 (Evening)
- Virtual Parent Talk: Parenting Teens (Morning), August 13
- Virtual Parent Talk: Parenting Teens (Evening), August 13
- Live Webinar: Youth & Mental Health, August 27
- Live Webinar: Creating Felt Safety, September 15
Communication in Adoptive Families: Identity, Race and Boundaries
August 11 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Dr. Sara Docan-Morgan, Professor of Communication Studies and Chair of the Ethnic and Racial Studies Department at University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, will share her research on adoptive family communication about race and difference, and birth family reunions. Dr. Docan-Morgan has recently authored the chapter “Adoptive Families” in The Macmillan Encyclopedia of Intimate and Family Relationships: An Interdisciplinary Approach. She has been researching communication and adoptive families since 2004. Her main areas of interest have been communication about race in transracial adoptions, as well as the dynamics surrounding international birth family reunions. Dr. Docan-Morgan’s work has been published in Adoption Quarterly, the Journal of Family Communication, the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, and the Journal of Korean Adoption Studies, among others. She serves on the editorial board for the Journal of Family Communication. Please register by Friday, August 7th.
This webinar will utilize Zoom. You will need to have access to a smart phone with the free Zoom app, or a computer with speakers. Registrants will be emailed a link to use for joining the webinar. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register click here