- Parent Talk, Saturday, May 18
- Strategies for Building Stronger Relationships with Your Teen Webinar, Thursday, June 27
- Transracial Adoption: Unpacking Identity for All, Saturday, July 13
- SAVE THE DATE–Families Like Mine: Wisconsin Relative Caregivers for Children Conference, Saturday, September 14
Adult Adoptee Discussion Panel
November 5 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Adoption Wellness offers a comprehensive pre/post adoptive family training. All trainings meet the State of Wisconsin Core Competencies for adoption as well as the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoptions standards for pre-adoptive families. Workshops are noted by WI ACC and Hague ICA codes. Each workshop provides two credit hours of training.
Join us for a Q&A with adults that were adopted as children. This diverse panel will share their perspectives and experiences as adopted persons. TWEENS/TEENS ARE WELCOME AT THIS WORKSHOP WITH PARENTAL DISCRETION. WI ACC 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 8 9 & 10. Hague ICA 96.48 B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, C1, C2 & C3.
- Workshops will be held at Adoption Wellness, LLC: N27 W23960 Paul Road, Suite 5, Pewaukee, WI 53072 – right off 94 & 164.
- Each workshop is $75 per family. It may be appropriate to invite key extended family members/caregivers to certain workshops. Feel free to check with us on this request. Professionals (social workers, therapists, legal & educators) are also welcome to attend. Professional participant cost is $30 per person. Agencies and organizations may contact us for group/employee rates. Registration & payment for all workshops can be completed online at www.adoptionwellness.com via paypal, by snail mail via check or online invoice via credit card. Please register per session in advance.
- Adoption Wellness will provide training certificates to participants after the workshops. The certificates will note the training credit hours and standards met for you to submit to adoption agencies.
- Unless noted, these are workshops are adult only. Childcare is not provided.
About the workshop facilitator/trainer: Jaclyn Skalnik, MSW, LCSW is the founder of Adoption Wellness and is also a transracial, internationally adopted person. Jaclyn earned a Master’s degree in Social Work from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She has assisted adoptive families throughout their adoption process for nearly two decades. She has presented at global conferences on matters concerning adoption and is passionate about educating and supporting adoptive families, educating adoption professionals and counseling adopted persons and their loved ones. Other professional experiences include international adoption related travel throughout Asia and Latin America, homeland travel with adoptive families, and advocating on behalf of children who deserve permanency in a loving, healthy family. Jaclyn is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, an adoption competent child & family therapist, an adoption educator/trainer, a member of the National Association of Social Workers, adoptive family homeland journey social worker and has facilitated international birth-family searches and reunions. Jaclyn provides training to adoption professionals, is a certified C.A.S.E Training for Adoption Competency trainer and served on the 2014 Legislative Council Study Committee on Adoption Disruption and and Dissolution for the Wisconsin State Legislature.
Jaclyn partners with other professionals, experts or colleagues for specific workshops based on the individual topic or workshop. For more information or questions, please visit www.adoptionwellness.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org