Self-care is always an important component in all of our lives–now more than ever! We have curated a list of online inspirational and self-care resources that you and the children in your care may find helpful.
Online & Email
- Ripples Quote Pond
- Ripples Email List: Ripples is a one-minute inspirational newsletter that arrives in your email inbox each Monday morning with a couple of upbeat quotes and something to think about for the week.
- Search YouTube for online yoga, tai chi, and meditation classes and videos.
- Connect with others online by playing games together. You could check out Tabletop Simulator and Stardew Valley. For classics like Solitaire, Mahjongg, and crossword puzzles, try arkadium.com.
- Find free recorded meditations at Ananda Citta Spiritual Care for People and Pets. You can also sign up for three-session mini meditation series monthly for a small fee.
Please note: some of the apps listed below are completely free, others are subscription-based, and others offer free services with the option of purchasing more.
- Happify App: This app is designed to make you happier by funneling the “science of happiness” through technology.
- Explore nature with the National Parks Service and the National Parks apps.
- Grateful App: If you’re feeling down, it can work wonders to take some time to think about all the things you have to be thankful for. 365 is another gratitude app.
- Try out some coloring apps–Paint.ly and Happy Color
- Shine App: Self-care doesn’t have to be a daunting or hours-long experience. Join Shine and see how a quick check-in with yourself every day can change everything.
- Try keeping a self-care journal with the Reflectly app.
- Abide App: For those interested in a faith-based approach to meditation and self-care, the Abide app offers bedtime stories and daily meditations.
- Aloe Bud App: Aloe Bud gently brings awareness to self-care activities using encouraging push notifications. Helpful reminders from yourself, to yourself.
- There are a number of meditation apps that you might try! Suggestions include Calm, Insight Timer, Headspace, and Mindful Mamas.
Resources from the Coalition
- Fostering Across Wisconsin Newsletter
- Partners Newsletter
- Tip Sheets
From the Champion Classrooms
- Grief and Loss in Foster Care and Adoption (On-demand, At-Your-Pace Course)
- Relative Caregiving: Navigating the Change in Roles (Recorded Webinar)