- Summer Family Picnic, Saturday, August 18
- Foster Parents and Schools: Navigating and Advocating, Wednesday, September 5
- Adult Adoptee Discussion Panel, Saturday, September 15
- Black Hair Care 101, Saturday, October 6
- This is My Story: Teen Adoptee & Parent Conference, Saturday, October 13
- Life is a Highway: 23rd Annual Gala, Thursday, October 25
- This event has passed.
Talking to Kids about Race and Racism
July 28 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$25
Do you know how to talk to your child about race and racism? Have you prepared your child for the racism he or she may encounter and how to respond in a healthy way that promotes positive racial identity development? In this seminar, Dr. Chaitra Wirta-Leiker will explore ways to talk to your child about race and racism in a developmentally appropriate manner, using concrete examples to help them understand the importance of celebrating differences and diversity.
Dr. Chaitra Wirta-Leiker is a licensed psychologist and the owner of Beyond Words Psychological Services LLC in Denver, Colorado. She provides services to children, adolescents, and families struggling with trauma and communication difficulties. Dr. Wirta specializes in adoption, transracial adoption, bullying, play therapy, parent coaching, family therapy, and EMDR. She conducts psychological assessments for people of ages for concerns related to attention, learning, anxiety, mood, and behavioral difficulties.