- Adoptive Family Meet & Greet, Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- Understanding Children’s Sexual Behaviors, Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- Attachment & Bonding in Adoption, Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Transracial Adoption Workshop: Talking to Kids about Race and Racism, Saturday, July 28, 2018
NACAC Conference: Exploring Solutions in Adoption and Foster Care
August 8 - August 10
The NACAC conference is the most comprehensive adoption conference in North America and if you have been touched by adoption or foster care, you will want to attend!
- Dan Hughes, PhD and Jon Baylin, PhD, “What’s Adoption Have to Do with It? Creating Trust with Compassion, Comfort, and Joy”
- JaeRan Kim, PhD, “The Personal Is Political: Racial Identity and Racial Justice in Transracial Adoption”
- Denise Goodman, PhD, and Michael Sanders, MSW, LISW, “In It to Win It!”
The conference includes more than 80 workshops on topics such as adoption support and preservation, recruitment and pre-adoption services, advanced issues in adoption and therapeutic techniques, and more.
On Tuesday, August 7, Dan Hughes, PhD and Jon Baylin, PhD, will present “Brain-Based Attachment Interventions to Transform Troubled Lives.” This day-long intensive workshop for parents and professionals will examine how advances in neurobiology have helped us develop interventions that enable children who have experienced developmental trauma to create new lives within their new families. Dr. Hughes and Dr. Baylin will present exciting new information from neuroscience combined with key principles and practical interventions for helping traumatized children develop new lives.
The 2018 NACAC conference will be held at the InterContinental Saint Paul Riverfront Hotel in downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota at 11 East Kellogg Boulevard.
Discounted guest rooms are $159 per night (plus tax). To make your hotel reservation, call 1-877-666-3243 or click here to access our discounted rates and reserve your room online. Space is limited so make your hotel reservations early.