We know that you can’t always make it to a training on the date or at the time one is scheduled. And we also know that, even when you do attend a training or a class, sometimes a refresher is welcomed and needed. Below you will find a list of previously offered trainings from the Foster Care and Adoption Resource Center and the Coalition for Children, Youth & Families. While the recordings below are free to view as often as you would like, please note that the FCARC and the Coalition can only issue Continuing Education Hours for participants who attended the original “live” webinar training. We have, however, developed an “Information Summary and Application” tool than can be used in conjunction with the recorded training. The issuance of training hours for the use of the tool is at the discretion of your agency. We encourage you to contact your licensing worker with any questions about if/how viewing the recordings below may be applied to your training hour requirements.
- Tips for Teachers: Assignments that Can Be Triggers
For children and youth who were adopted, are in foster care, or are living with a relative who is not their biological parent, certain school assignments can trigger feelings of sadness or loss. The Coalition for Children, Youth & Families created this short video that will offer suggestions for alternative assignments that are inclusive for all students. We encourage you to view this video and share it with other parents and colleagues. If you have questions, please contact us; we are here to help.
- Child Anger Management - November 2017
- Grief & Loss in Adoption - May 2017
- Understanding Children's Sexual Behaviors - March 2017
- Encouraging Your Child's Self-Esteem - January 2017
- Understanding Your Adopted Tween/Teen - December 2016
- Reasonable & Prudent Parenting (for representatives from group homes, residential care centers, and shelter care facilities) - June 2016
- Reasonable & Prudent Parenting (for agency Case Managers, Foster Care Coordinators and supervisors) - June 2016
- Reasonable & Prudent Parenting (for unlicensed out-of-home care providers) - May 2016
Licensed foster parents: Please see this online foster parent pre-placement training - Reasonable and Prudent Parenting standards have been incorporated into the modules.
- Access to Quality Early Education Providers: YoungStar and Foster Care - May 2016
- Positive Discipline - April 2016
- ADHD 24/7 - March 2016
- Creating Secure Attachment - February 2016
- I Never Expected This - September 2015
- Paths to Success: Youth Advisory Council Panel - August 2015
- Transitions: Adopted Persons and Their Families - August 2014
- All in the Family: A Relative Caregiver Panel Discussion - August 2015
- Caring for Children and Youth with Sensory Issues - May 2015
- Development of Preschoolers and School-Aged Children . . . - September, October, December 2013
- Basic African American Hair Care