The Wisconsin Foster Family Handbook is a guide that includes basic information about foster care in Wisconsin.
It is specifically written for new foster families, but can also serve as a good source of information for experienced foster parents, as well.
In the Handbook, you will find:
- An overview of the foster care program
- Information about your role and the expectations of foster parents
- A discussion about the care of children in foster care
- Information about the critical nature of working with birth families
- Information about the crucial importance of self care as a foster family
- Tools and resource lists about a variety of specific topics
Please click here to download the Wisconsin Foster Family Handbook.