The following resources are to help grandparents and other relatives who are raising their relatives’ children.
General Support Resources in Wisconsin
- The University of Wisconsin Extension has a comprehensive, up-to-date list of resources for relative caregivers that has links to county, state, and national resources. You can also find links to academic studies and a teaching resource.
Following are some of the direct links to the resources at the University of Wisconsin Extension that you may find helpful:
- Wisconsin Family Caregiver Support Program: The state of Wisconsin has created a comprehensive guide for relative caregivers with support and information, links to inclusive lists of resources (including individual county resources to support you when you are raising children of your relatives.)
Toll-free phone number: 866-843-9810
County-Specific Resources in Wisconsin
Wisconsin Benefits & Resources
- Bureau of Aging & Long Term Care Resources: Access point to a variety of information on programs and services in Wisconsin for older people and caregivers.
- FoodShare Wisconsin: Provides extra food dollars to people with limited financial resources.
- Home Energy Plus: Provides information about Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance and Wisconsin’s Weatherization Programs available to households with limited income. 866-432-8947
- Wisconsin BadgerCare+: An insurance program for all children (up to age 19) who do not currently have access to health insurance, pregnant women, parents, caretakers, and foster families with limited financial resources. 800-362-3002
- Wisconsin JobNet Job Search: Current job opportunities listed with the Wisconsin Job Center System.
- Wisconsin Shares: Child Care Subsidy Program (W-2 Child Care) that helps eligible parents pay for child care.
- Wisconsin WIC Program: The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, which provides supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition and breast feeding information, and referral to other health and nutritional services. 800-722-2295
National Websites, Resources, and Support Organizations