The Wisconsin Foster Family Handbook is a guide that includes basic information about foster care in Wisconsin. It is written specifically for new foster families, but can also serve as a good source of information for experienced foster parents, as well.
In the Handbook, you will find:
- An overview of the foster care program.
- Information about your role and the expectations of foster parents.
- A discussion about the care of children in foster care.
- Information about the critical nature of working with birth families.
- Information about the crucial importance of self care as a foster family.
- Tools and resource lists about a variety of specific topics.
Download the Wisconsin Foster Family Handbook